I have gratefully come to live in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Hiking connects me to Spirit and dancing offers the opportunity to play and move. Writing comes from a desire to reveal the story that is asking to be written. I strive each day and each precious moment to identify the sacredness in each living being.
Stories captivate me. They hold my attention, my desires, and my heartache. Stories are sacred, our words are powerful. Words have the ability to inflict damage or heal, sometimes at the same time. My relationship with words and stories has been both personal and professional. I initiated youth writing workshops in 1997 as a way to allow young writers the opportunity to write what they care about. I began by writing grants and collaborated with libraries and schools. The workshops continue to evolve, while maintaining the essence of creating a sacred space for participants to listen to the stories that are asking to be written.
- Healing Artist at LEAF – 2008 – 2013 http://theleaf.org/
- OLLI (Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at UNC Asheville) http://olliasheville.com/courses/30071-0
- Dutchess County Arts Council Grant Recipient – 1997 – 2003
- Rhinebeck High School – 2001
- Story Medicine https://www.facebook.com/events/627961347262662/?ref_dashboard_filter=calendar
- National Writing Project– Hudson Valley Writing Project Fellow 2001 http://www.newpaltz.edu/hvwp/
- Mediation Training – 2007
- Masters in Education – Prescott College 2008
- Project POWER AmeriCorp member, 2005-2007 http://childrenfirstcisbc.org/index.php/programs/project-power/
- Second Prize Short Story in Fresh Literary Magazine – 2009
- Hudson Valley Literary Magazine
- Urban News and Observer http://theurbannews.com/our-town/2007/wonderfully-different/
- Asheville Citizen Times
- Hudson River Sampler (correspondent)